Thursday, March 29, 2007

Movie Tickets

While clearing off my desk of random paper and receipts this morning, I decided to take the plunge into the first drawer of my filing cabinet to empty it of paper that has cluttered it up for a few years. The main offender in question is movie tickets. I save them after I see a movie. I have hundreds since the late 90’s. They document my life, my taste, my friends, my girlfriends… everything. I was not ready to look into this darkness. Printed names on stubs… All About My Mother, Mostly Martha, Harry Potter… they fly at me and remind me what I am not and what I am. I will try not to be depressed.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I think you should get a coffee table that doubles as a shadow box on top and put all the movie tickets inside the coffee table, as well as other movie memorabilia...or make a huge scrapbook and just fill it with...you guessed it...movie tickets, this way you can even write down what you thought about the movie, who you saw the movie with, etc...Or turn them into magnets for the fridge...you can buy magnets that are sticky on one side for business cards and such at Office Depot! They can be cut to size as well. Signed Martha Jr.