Monday, March 31, 2008

The 3:30 AM Squeak Squeak

My newly moved in neighbors above me are early risers. Every day- even on Saturdays, they get up around four in the morning to start their day. Frequently, there is some Dusty Springfield action going on... you know the song: "Just a Little Lovin'" from Dusty in Memphis.

Now, did I mention the bed squeak? I guess I didn't. Their bed makes so much noise that it has actually woke me up from a deep sleep more than once! But its only the bed- I rarely ever hear them make nary a sound. I don't mind really because at least somebody is seeing some action around here.

Friday night/Saturday morning this past week, the action started around 3:30.

3:30!!! If the bed woke me up around then, that means it all started before that!

I couldn't get back to sleep.

Squeak Squeak Squeak Squeak Squeak

Pause

Squeak Squeak Squeak Squeak Squeak Squeak Squeak Squeak

Longer pause

Squeak Squeak Squeak Squeak Squeak Squeak Squeak Squeak Squeak Squeak Squeak Squeak Squeak Squeak Squeak.

I had to listen to the rest of that squeaking bed- then the stomp to the sink; the running water; the stomp back to the bed; the stomp back to the sink; more water running. I was mostly awake for the rest of the morning until right before I had to get up for work... when, my alarm/radio came on.

I was so tired that day.

No comments: